9 Herbs and Spices That Are Good for Your Smile
Ready for something fresh? These nine herbs and spices are great natural sources of smile-boosting factors.
- Green tea. Loaded with antioxidants and an excellent natural breath-freshener, a cup of green tea every morning could do you a lot of good. Just take it without sugar so that it doesn’t become a cavity hazard.
- Cloves. Did you know this simple kitchen staple is the foundation for a lot of numbing agents in dentistry? You can enjoy clove’s anesthetic properties by chewing on a whole one when something in your mouth hurts.
- Cinnamon. Enjoy it in a hot drink, yogurt, or oatmeal every day to experience the way it can regulate blood sugar and cut down your sugar cravings. This is good for lowering your cavity risk!
- Fennel, 5. Cardamom, and 6. Parsley. These get grouped together as a trio of powerful breath-refreshers. Munching on them stimulates saliva flow which washes away traces of acid from your last snack.
- Rosemary. A tablespoon of this very average herb actually contains about 4% of your recommended daily value of calcium. Add it to a cheddar sauce over steamed broccoli for a calcium-loaded dinner.
- Turmeric. This spice is up-and-coming in research in terms of how powerfully beneficial it is. It lends a bright golden glow to Indian foods. Turmeric could potentially work better than the best mouthwash. Enjoy this spice in a variety of stir-fries and curries.
- Garlic. While this one may not be the best for breath, it is great at fighting virtually everything else. It’s best eaten raw, so try to incorporate it into salads, dressings, and sauces.
Remember, no natural herbal remedy can replace the help of your dentist so schedule a dental checkup and cleaning soon!
Posted on behalf of:
Milton Dental Specialists
13075 Hwy 9, Suite 110
Milton, GA 30004